Discover Avallon :
At the door of the Morvan, on the banks of the river le Cousin : Avallon.
This charming medieval village is renowned for its historical heart, its battlements walls, its towers as well as the terraced gardens and watermills.
The holiday cottage Le Chalet de la Rivière is located in the Morvan Regional and Natural Park, at the foot of Avallon, less than 3 km from the city center.
Visit Avallon and :
- walk through the Terraced Gardens of the town
- wander around the battlements
- admire the Clock Tower
- visit the old Church Saint-Lazare
- discover the local exhibitions and the museums of Avallon
- meet our antique and second-hand dealers
- taste the food specialites of Burgundy such as the cheese choux pastry
- listen to music in the local festival and concerts
- savour a home made dish in the welcoming restaurants of the town (Dame Jeanne, L’Horloge, Tibetan Norbu, Cuisine Angéline…)
In the Morvan Regional and Natural Park you can also discover :
- The eternal hill of Vézelay and its Basilica
- Great Lakes of Morvan
- kayak, horse or bicycle tours
- Arcy prehistorical site
- Bazoche castle, the Residence of Vauban, fortresses architect of Louis the XIV
- other historical sites and many more surprises !
More links to prepare your vacation in Burgundy :
- Tourist Office of Avallon and Vezelay
- Parc Naturel Régional du Morvan
- Tourism website of Burgundy Region
- Avallon walking trails to print